If you’re in search of dependable and efficient transportation for your oversized and heavy equipment, look no further than flatbed shipping companies. Whether it’s a bulldozer, a crane, or a prefabricated house that needs to be moved, flatbed shipping offers the ideal solution. In this blog post, we will delve into the crucial aspects of wide-load transport, including the necessary equipment, key factors to consider, and the reputable companies specializing in flatbed shipping. Additionally, we’ll address the common challenges faced during the process and provide practical solutions to enhance efficiency and ease.
What is Wide Load Shipping?
Flatbed hauling companies specialize in the transportation of oversized, overweight, or over-dimensional loads that surpass the legal size and weight limits for regular trucks and trailers. These wide loads encompass a wide range of items, such as construction equipment, machinery, vehicles, boats, bridges, wind turbines, and other bulky and heavy objects that cannot be accommodated in standard containers or trailers. With heavy equipment movers expertise in flatbed transportation, equipment hauling companies offer the necessary heavy equipment transport and know-how to handle and transport such challenging loads efficiently and safely.
Flatbed trucking companies play a crucial role in wide load shipping as they possess the expertise and resources required to handle oversized items with care and precision. Heavy equipment transporters understand the unique challenges involved in transporting wide loads, including the need for special handling techniques, obtaining necessary permits, and providing escorts for safe and legal transport. With their knowledge and experience in the niche transportation market, flatbed heavy haulers ensure the safety, legality, and efficiency of wide load shipments on the road.
Different Types of Vehicles Used in Wide Load Shipping
Wide load shipping requires a variety of vehicles to accommodate different sizes and weights of loads, as well as various road and terrain conditions. The following are some of the most common types of vehicles used in wide load shipping by heavy haulers:
– Flatbed trucks: Flatbed trucks are a popular choice for transporting large and heavy loads, as they have a flat and open bed that can hold oversized cargo easily. Flatbed trucks can come in different lengths, widths, heights, and weight capacities, and can be used for short or long-distance transport.
– Heavy haul trucks: Heavy haul trucks are designed to carry extremely heavy and oversized loads that exceed the legal weight and size limits. Heavy haul trucks usually have multiple axles, powerful engines, and sophisticated suspensions that can handle the weight and distribute it evenly on the road.
– RGN trailers: RGN trailers, or Removable Gooseneck trailers, are low-profile trailers that offer excellent clearance, stability, and flexibility for transporting tall and heavy equipment. RGN trailers have a detachable front section that can be lowered to the ground for easy loading and unloading, and they can be extended to accommodate longer loads.
– Lowboy trailers: Lowboy trailers are similar to RGN trailers but have a higher deck height, which makes them suitable for transporting taller loads. Lowboy trailers can be used for heavy hauls, construction equipment, and other outsized loads.
– Off-road haul trucks: Off-road haul trucks are specialized vehicles used in mining, forestry, and other heavy industries that require moving heavy equipment in rugged and remote terrain. Off-road haul trucks can weigh up to 400 tons and have enormous wheels, tires, and engines that can climb steep inclines, cross rivers, and navigate challenging paths.
Different Types of Wide Loads and Their Requirements
Wide loads come in different shapes, sizes, and weights, and require different permits, escorts, and safety measures depending on the type of load and the route. The following are some of the most common types of wide loads and their requirements:
– Oversized and overweight loads: Loads that exceed the legal size and weight limits require special permits from state authorities, as well as escorts to ensure their safety on the road. Oversized loads can be up to 16 feet wide, 14 feet high, and 150 feet long, while overweight loads can be up to 80,000 pounds or more.
– Tall loads: Loads that are higher than the normal highway clearance require a pilot car or an escort vehicle with a height pole to warn of any obstacles on the way. Tall loads can be up to 18 feet or more.
– Wide loads: Loads that are wider than the normal lane width require an escort vehicle to warn of any approaching traffic or obstacles. Wide loads can be up to 16 feet or more.
– Long loads: Loads that are longer than the normal length require an escort vehicle or a pilot car to warn of any turning or backing maneuvers. Long loads can be up to 150 feet or more.
– Fragile or hazardous loads: Loads that contain fragile or hazardous materials require special handling, packaging, and labeling to ensure their safety and compliance with regulations. Fragile or hazardous loads can include chemicals, explosives, radioactive materials, and medical equipment.
Heavy equipment haulers uses essential equipment for wide load shipping
Flatbed heavy haul requires a variety of equipment to ensure the safety, stability, and efficiency of the transport. The following are some of the essential equipment used in wide load shipping:
– Heavy equipment hauling trailers: Heavy equipment hauling trailers come in different sizes and types and can accommodate different sizes and types of wide loads. They are designed to securely hold and transport heavy and oversized cargo, ensuring safe and efficient transportation.
Looking to overcome the challenges of wide load shipping? From securing permits to coordinating escorts and navigating challenging routes, transporting oversized and heavy items requires expertise. Luckily, specialized companies equipped with the right equipment and vehicles can make the process smooth and efficient. Contact us today for Flatbed Hauling Quotes and let us handle your wide load shipping needs with precision and reliability.
Flatbed Hauling Quotes offers trustworthy and reliable freight transportation services.
We specialize in airplanes, helicopters, oversized machinery, construction equipment of all sizes, highway structures, bridge structures, and all other overweight and oversized flatbed hauling cargo.
Flatbed Hauling Quotes has all the necessary licenses, bonds, and insurances to transport heavy hauler loads throughout the United States and Canada. Our seasoned drivers can move loads of any weight, configuration, and size.
You can trust our team to handle the logistics of your move plotting the least expensive and safest point from origin to destination. On request load tracking from point A to point, B is provided accurately and is extensively updated in real-time as your heavy hauler load moves forward.
If you’re looking for a transportation company you can trust, call Flatbed Hauling Quotes at (860)880-8171. We are the heavy haulers that you can rely on time after time!